Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Fight Dream

I went to a punk rock concert headlined by comic book artist Johnny Ryan. I was the oldest person in attendance, sitting in a section of chairs off to the side. Before the show began, a skinhead and a skater approached to warn me, "Just so you know, everybody here has to fight before the band will go on. Don't worry, you won't get beat up too bad but each person has to take at least a couple of punches and throw a couple of punches." "I don't want to fight," I said. "You have no choice," they said and walked away to warn other people about the rules. Small fights started throughout the venue and I stood, trying to build the courage to take my beating. I was soon running outside of the club and down the street. I ran and ran and ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment